Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter, Opening Day, and EARTHQUAKES!!!!

Categories:

Current Music: REM - It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
Current Mood: Not as happy as I could have been...
Current Location: Point Loma, CA

Happy Easter everyone!!! What a fun day we had today! It was so fun having Natalie's first Easter and seeing the excitement on her little face when she saw what the "Easter Bunny" had brought her! Easter weekend started yesterday though. As I mentioned yesterday Erin's parents flew into town to celebrate the holiday with us. I was asleep when they arrived because I had worked the night before. I was a trooper though, I got up 3 1/2 hours earlier than I normally do because in our neighborhood there was an Easter celebration going on where the Easter Bunny was going to be taking pictures with all the kids! Being Natalie's first Easter, we had to go get a picture of Natalie with the Bunny so I gladly sacrificed my sleep...if you ask Erin, you'll understand what sleep means to me.

   Waiting in line for the Bunny          The Bunny had to go potty 
                                                      so we played in the grass

Trying to make friends in the grass               Easter Bunny!!!

This morning, shortly after breakfast and everyone was up Natalie got to search for he new toys from the Bunny! 

Natalie in her Easter dress        Natalie and her new toys              

Bunny ears from the Bunny        So happy with the toys!

               Happy Family

The Bunny also decided to hide a basket of goodies for Natalie to search for. I'm glad the Bunny did that because this is going to prepare our little Natalie for egg hunts in the future.

       The hidden basket             Natalie found it in no time

    Trying to tear the plastic off     Excited to get into the basket

After Natalie had her Easter hunt it was time for the "big kids" to find Easter baskets. Naturally, being the great hunter that I am, I was the first to find my basket!!! I totally beat Erin and Tyler!!! Ok...so that might not be entirely true. I might have been last. In my defense, I didn't know it was a race until I had lost! I got cheated!

   First the WORST!!!

    Second the BEST!!!


   Third the MOST AWESOME!!!! (Yes that's how the rhyme goes damn it!)


    Everyone's a winner...YAY!!!!

So I'm looking at the blog so far and thinking about what I still have to talk about...this is going to be a long one people! You've been warned. 

Grandma Carla and Grandpa Jim got Natalie an Easter card for her first Easter and they were kind enough to give Natalie $20 to spend as she wants...well, with Mommy standing right there...let's just say Natalie's money quickly "got lost"!

    Discovering her money         Showing Daddy her cash


         "YOINK!!!"                      Begging mom to give it back

Natalie went through several ward robe changes today...she had her cute little Easter dress, she had her Easter dinner outfit, and she had her post dinner outfit because she was covered in Easter dinner. So here are some pics of our little pumpkin head in various outfits through out the day.

     Posing for the camera          Easter dinner served on a plate


Apparently the tray is better   Natalie found Tyler's phone

Trying to get Daddy's camera  Watching Mommy clean

OK, so I have to set up the next picture. Natalie was wearing the little flower head band but decided she didn't like it on her head so she reached up and snatched it off her head. Apparently she didn't want anyone to see what she had done so she slowly "walked" her way into a corner and hid there and examined her head band! It was so cute.  Here she is hiding and playing with her head band. 



OK, so yes, today was Easter but it wasn't the only thing going on today! Today was Opening Day of the 2010 baseball season!!! And what better way to start the season than with the Yankees and the redsux renewing their rivalry! Before I get to that though, I have to talk about another event that happened today. In case you haven't seen it on CNN or heard someone mention it on Facebook or Myspace...we had an earthquake here today! Alright, so the epicenter wasn't here in San Diego, it was actually south of the border pretty much directly south of my old duty station of El Centro, CA. It was a 7.2 earthquake and we felt it all the way here in Point Loma. We were rocking and rolling for at least 45 seconds. It totally threw off my equilibrium! Thankfully there was no damage here and no one was hurt. I talked to my friend Murph, who lives in El Centro and he said that some of the roads split open and his power went out but besides that it wasn't too bad.

I've been putting this off for the entire blog...Yes, today was opening day and the Yankees played the redsux...Yes, it was awesome until the Yankees blew a freaking 5-2 lead!!! Then a 7-5 lead!!! Are you kidding me!?!?! Is this how the season is going to start again? We had to climb out of last place half way through last season...I probably lost at least 3 years of my life stressing about my Yankees last year. Can you guys please just win all the time and save me the stress!!! 9-7 loss against the redsux is not how I wanted to start the season. At least CC looked really good through 5 1/3 innings. Come on Yankees lets do better!! So this was pretty much a sucky ending to a great day...but as I was loading today's pictures on to our computer...I saw a picture of Erin and it reminded me of how lucky I am and that even though the Yankees lost today...there's always tomorrow and tomorrow will be with this woman. 


That's my beautiful bunny! I'm so freakin' lucky!!!

Countdown To San Diego Rock 'n' Roll Marathon: 9 Weeks 
Countdown To ATY Lottery Results: 3 Weeks 6 Days

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

No Response to "Easter, Opening Day, and EARTHQUAKES!!!!"

Post a Comment